CSCI 335 - Programming Project #4
Due: Thursday, September 28, beginning of class
- Create a Naive Bayes Classifier for the following task:
- The given collection of sentences contains labels of positive and negative sentiment.
- The goal of the classifier is to predict the sentiment of new sentences.
- Create a k-nearest-neighbor classifier for this task, and compare its
performance with Naive Bayes.
- Also find another labeled document collection on the Internet, and build two classifiers
for this collection as well.
- Intermediate presentation (9/26)
- What other document collection will you classify?
- Present concrete results from one of your two classifiers.
- Final presentation and report (9/28)
- Relative performance of Naive Bayes and kNN
- Mention any algorithmic/parameter variations
- Relative difficulty of the document collections